The massive stone walls of the Castle of Good Hope have stood three hundred and fifty years. Built by the Dutch East India Company in 1666, the Cape Town heritage site has had a colourful, though sometimes dark, history. To mark the milestone, luminaries and military veterans recently attended a ceremony to commemorate the laying of the first cornerstone and, at the same time, refocus the purpose of the Castle.
The event, which included a speech from the Minister of Defence, was held in a large marquee provided by Chattels Infrastructure Solutions. The Events Draping Co. decked the venue out in white fabric from roof to floor. The clean look of the event draping was appropriate for a military event, and was well complemented by the gold furnishings and decor.